Monday, August 25, 2008

FORMULA 101


Ok so I have been trying to get Cohen to take formula so that when i go back to school he can eat while I'am away for class and clinical, the first time I tried was a nightmare! Everyone told me he would take it if he was hungry enough, well he was so hungry that he cried himself to sleep while i tried to force him to drink:) So i thought to my self maybe he just hates bottles, so I put some breastmilk in the bottle and WHAM he took it right away! SPOILED. I guess the stinker knows what he wants. I couldnt settle for this since school starts next Wednesday no matter what, so I tried again a couple days later. Might I add that I had Jason try and my friend Jaclyn, so it was not just me. Well the second attempt was identical to the first, but then I decided to trick him!!! I started feeding him like normal and then I hurry and pushed the bottle in his mouth and he kept going!! I was so excited, but soon realized the point of formula was so that i didnt need to be there. Call me crazy but I didnt want to ask my babysiters if they could trick him for me GROSS. So the next day I tried without tricking him, he hesitated at first but then he took it. I am so releived and proud of him. I have to admit it makes me sad when he eats it. I dont know why I am so crazy but I just like to feed him and i hate thinking that he has to eat it when he doesnt like it. After I give him the bottle, I still feed him:) Jay thinks I am being selfish by stuffing him to full but I just like to consider it dessert!!! I love Cohen to death and I am so sad to be going back to school, but I know it will be worth it.

12 comments:

Souli & Ashley said...

Its so hard to go back to normal life I 've had the feeling. You are doing great with the bottle. But I know what you mean I loved feeding Brevin when he was little. I was sad when my milk just sort of started to not be enough for him. Its such a bonding time for you guys. Are you going back to school for you or do you teach school. I just wasn't sure.

CW said...

Oh boy, he is as stubborn as the rest of us. You are such a great mom! I think this transition will be much harder for you than for him. But you are right, it will be worth it.

The Obergs said...

I can only imagine how hard it is leaving him to go back to school, especially in the nursing program. If it's anything like the hygiene program it's INTENSE. Do you only have this last year left?

Jenna said...

You must produce some tasty milk Kattie, good job! Haha. Good news... I might just be able to be one of your lucky babysitters :) I can only hope that little Cohen will accept the bottles I make him though.

Lauren Clyde said...

Good job mom. Cohen knows what he wants! Your milk is 10x's better for him than that formula and knowing that makes the transition hard. Plus that bonding moment is sweet. i balled when I lost my milk at 5 months! Are you going to pump while you're away from him?

And about that smoothie... I promise we'll make them. What are you doing friday morning?

Debbie said...

That is so funny that you tried the "trick". I tried the same thing with one of my kids. How do we think of these things?? I'm glad he is working with you. That is hard to get them on a bottle once they get to a certain age.

Whitney said...

good idea not to have your baby sitter trick him. and you are going to be so happy that you finished school.

Tony and Linda said...

I want you to know how proud I am of you and what a wonderful mother you are! You have worked hard to become a nurse so YES it will all be worth it! Get him ready for me to come and babysit in a couple of weeks so he is happy the whole time and doesn't blame the bottle on me :) Love you all, Mom

Unknown said...

BEST PICTURE EVER!!! Do you want this one in your book? JK lol...can't WAIT to see you this weekend.

Unknown said...

Cute blog! All of your journaling makes me laugh. You're still just funny, cute Kattie. You're an adorable self with an adorable fam and an especially adorable baby. Love it!

Trent & Tara said...

Oh poor little guy! I can't imagine. I have given Evelyn a bottle once and it was of my milk that still was hard for me. she wasn't upset though. Hope your doing good. Good luck with that.

Melissa said...

So I was just checking out Becky and Justin's blog since theirs is the only one I have of the Earl family.

Your little family is soo stinkin' cute. You guys seem pro at the parent thing; however, it's totally weird seeing Jason as a dad!

By the way, I'm adding you as a friend so I don't have to keep going to Becky's to see yours. Ours is www.delaballard.blogspot.com.