Sunday, September 21, 2008

How did it happen??

I got to thinking today about how lucky we are. Jason and I havent had to many rough roads to travel since we have been married:) I cant stop thinking about how blessed we are to have the family and friends that we do. Here is a summarized list of all the things that have been crossing my mind lately...

Sisters....

-I dont know if I call my sis Aimee more or my husband on the phone!!!! No offense to my sister Carol, she is fabulous, but she tends to be cooler than Aimee and I, and has better things to do than talk about nothing 5 times a day:) Maybe we should take her example and be more productive! I love my Sisters.
I am lucky enough to have awesome sister-in-law's as well. Melissa, Benton's beautiful wife and his better half, is one of the funniest people i know, I dont even think she realizes how funny she is. Its not that she tells good jokes or anything, but she always is giggling at everything which makes me giggle:) And she takes care of Benton (not an easy task!)
Becky, Justins beautiful wife and his better half, makes the thought of one day living in Vegas bearable, I love this girl! The boys dont realize how lucky they are to have wifes who love to be together:) she is so nice, pretty (words from jay's mouth), TALENTED, and fun to be with.

Friends...
Great friends is what we have! New or old we seem to find the greatest people to be friends with, I dont want to mention any names, due to the fact i might forget one or two and that would be sad.
When I found out i was having Cohen everyone would say "how are you going to continue school" well for some reason the thought of quiting was never an option for me, I know that the worry would have come if it wasnt for all are great friends offering support to help with Cohen. Thank you!

Husband...
I dont like to brag about Jay to much cause I know it tends to cause problems in other's relationship's! Jay always tells me to stop saying nice things he does for me when we are around other couples cause he said it makes him feel akward, but to bad i cant help it. I mean if you have the greatest husband then why not SHOUT it from the roof tops! I know that some seem to think I whip him or demand nice things from him, sorry to say but he came this way:) I am not deserving of such an awesome person to be with. I know that people choose to be the husband and father that they are but I also know that it helps to have a great example! Jay has the sweetest Dad, and I know he learned alot about how to treat me from watching his Dad love his mom, I only hope Cohen's wife will be as lucky as me some day because he watched the way his Daddy treats me. Love you babe.

So how did it happen? I have an idea that my Heavenly Father was the one in charge, but to give me all of these great things, I am not sure why.

8 comments:

CW said...

Crying in my hotel.....I love you!!! Can't wait until our "sister get together!"

Jodi Rae said...

Hi, this is Jodi Atkinson (Elder Atkinson's wife:)). I have met you a few times before, but I just wanted to leave a little note. You have the cutest little family, I love your pictures! And this post was very sweet, I feel the same way about my life. It is fun seeing you!

Whitney said...

I am so glad that I had something uplifting to read at work. You are you great.

Unknown said...

I am laughing SO hard right now...still!!! "pretty (from Jay's mouth)" YOu are too funny!!! I love you too!! You are honestly one of my best friends...our husbands better be so glad that we get along so well!!!!They better watch out if we EVER get to live close to each other!!!!! :)

THE WOODWORTHS said...

I love to hear that Kattie. I feel the exact same way! Miss you

Unknown said...

What a nice blog to read. We love you too! I'm so excited to hang out with you in a month....that's really sad that it's so far away. So during the meantime give Cowen kisses from us!

Kami said...

Hey guys! I haven't seen Cohen yet, so I had to peek in on you guys. He is soooo cute!!! It sounds like things are going well for you all. Isn't blogging the best, you get to keep up with everyone who is so far away. Anyway, if you want in on our blog just email me at twins4us@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you! Later-Kami Bell Alger

Unknown said...

HOW DID IT HAPPEN THAT YOU HAVEN'T BLOGGED IN OVER A MONTH??????????

Let's get a move on...what do you think you are busy with a child, and school and that crazy hubby of yours????? No excuses!

hehehe...love ya!